Search This Blog

2015/04/06




Name: Dr. Evil
Crew: FOES (Ireland) & FLIES (Australia)
City/Country: Dundalk, Ireland
When did you start writing? Ive written my name on everything since a very young age according to my parents, but i first attempted a piece in 1997.
Influences? My early influences were my now crew mates Omin, Kube, Voice and Nesta at the time they were writing SDW crew and were the only other writers in my town. Later when i travelled to Australia, Aeon had a big influence on me, more so attitude wise than stylistically. He taught me about squeezing in a paint and a pint at any available time and to always carry paint. Anyone who has met him will tell you the same. These days AOK, RIS, FMK, TFW, HDA, TFP, PVC, TPG & BOT, anyone who does stuff that when you look at it you can tell they know about flow and it looks like they enjoyed painting it and of course my own crews FOES & FLIES.
Tell us about your city, how is life and graffiti there? My town has no real “graffiti scene” and I love that, no politics. There is a population of 40,000 people and only has 4 writers including myself. It’s known as “El Paso” because it is a boarder town and a lot of the people who were either kicked out of Northern Ireland or were on the run during the troubles settled here. Lots of smuggling and general bad shit went on here in the 70’s and 80’s but it’s pretty chill now. Look up a book called “Bandit Country” if you want to know more.
What keeps you still writing? I have no set goals for what i want to achieve with writing, it’s just a part of my day to day at this point. I will catch tags and put up stickers everyday and then take the opportunities to paint as they come. It’s in my bones at this point, i will never stop.
What first made you interested in graffiti and how did you end up on that track? My interest started when i went from Austria to Munich on a train with my Dad in 1997. It was amazing, the tracks were crushed with full colour productions and some of the trains had pieces on them. It still annoys me to this day that i didn’t bring a camera and get flicks. (Read More)

No comments:

Post a Comment